Saturday, July 18, 2009

L'Auberge du Lac - Brocket Hall

A few years ago I had a family holiday in la Basse Normandie, near Avranches, and followed the advice of the handbook in the gîte by going to an establishment called l'Auberge du Lac for lunch. When we got there, I went up to the young man at the bar and said something like "Auriez-vous, par hasard, une table disponible pour quatre personnes ?" He looked at me blankly until a girl sitting at the bar said, "'E sed, 'av you got a tible free for lunch..." It did not end well. I was all the more pleased to discover 'l'Auberge du Lac at Brocket Hall recently, therefore. I mean, look at this:



Not to mention this:



and this:



and this:



You get the idea. They speak French at this Auberge du Lac as well.

http://www.aubergedulac.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment